I AM Present

I AM Present

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tribute To My Beloved Granny

Well, what a few weeks it's been...but the corner's finally been turned, I believe.
Besides car, cat and computer issues (no/faulty modem for several weeks=no internet access), my beloved grandmother, 98 year old Stella, left her body for better worlds on Thursday 8 February.

Although the pic's at least 15 years old, this is how I like to remember her:




My granny was an exceptional soul: until the last she had, as she always did, a good word for everyone. She constantly expressed this to her caregivers at the home she lived in for the past decade or so.
Appreciation and gratitude were a natural feature of her expression throughout her life and her generosity of spirit well known by all.
We shared a special bond and many filthy jokes and a delightful exchange of crass comments together ;-) She had such a great sense of humour that she would always laugh with/at me sending her and her accent up ( she had a strong Cockney one, born in London).
Besides having a great sense of humour, she always made time to be a listening ear to others and their problems. And always offered a positive solution for them by way of advice.

She's enjoying a life free now of what became a very dysfunctional body at the end. And has been enjoying reunions with many of her good friends that left before her. And better still, she and I are in clearer contact now; in that way not impeded by memory loss and senility. And how it was a few years ago.

I love you, Gran, for always.



P.S. New article by me coming in the next couple of days.

In magic, madness and mystery
Shellee-Kim

0 comments: