As we continue our eternal journey in becoming One with our Source Self, these pointers from Wayne Dwyer are an excellent reminder of where we need to persist in our vigilance - in our response to our own minds and expression.
Our negative egos can and will prolong with running the show, if we allow it. It has no intention of giving up the game. Just as long as the point of reference of the human psyche is more ego-bound than it is Source-bound, this will continue to be a long-term project and work in progress for us if we care enough to pursue this...
As Dwyer says:
Stay on purpose, detach from outcome, and take responsibility for what does reside in you: your character. Leave your reputation for others to debate; it has nothing to do with you. Or as a book title says: What You Think of Me Is None of My Business!
(SK:And I will add to that title...)What I Think Of Myself Is My Business (credit to Candace Frieze)
Love and Light
SEVEN STEPS FOR OVERCOMING EGO'S HOLD ON YOU
~a message from Wayne W. Dyer
www.drwaynedyer.com - 19 October 2008
Here are seven suggestions to help you transcend ingrained ideas of self-importance. All of these are designed to help prevent you from falsely identifying with the self-important ego.
1. STOP BEING OFFENDED
The behavior of others isn’t a reason to be immobilized. That which offends you only weakens you. If you’re looking for occasions to be offended, you’ll find them at every turn. This is your ego at work convincing you that the world shouldn't be the way it is. But you can become an appreciator of life and match up with the universal Spirit of Creation. You can’t reach the power of intention by being offended. By all means, act to eradicate the horrors of the world, which emanate from massive ego identification, but stay in peace. As A Course in Miracles reminds us: Peace is of God, you who are part of God are not at home except in his peace. Being is of God, you who are part of God are not at home except in his peace. Being offended creates the same destructive energy that offended you in the first place and leads to attack, counterattack, and war.
2. LET GO OF YOUR NEED TO WIN
Ego loves to divide us up into winners and losers. The pursuit of winning is a surefire means to avoid conscious contact with intention. Why? Because ultimately, winning is impossible all of the time. Someone out there will be faster, luckier, younger, stronger, and smarter-and back you’ll go to feeling worthless and insignificant.
You’re not your winnings or your victories. You may enjoy competing, and have fun in a world where winning is everything, but you don’t have to be there in your thoughts. There are no losers in a world where we all share the same energy source. All you can say on a given day is that you performed at a certain level in comparison to the levels of others on that day. But today is another day, with other competitors and new circumstances to consider. You’re still the infinite presence in a body that’s another day (or decade) older. Let go of needing to win by not agreeing that the opposite of winning is losing. That’s ego’s fear. If your body isn’t performing in a winning fashion on this day, it simply doesn’t matter when you aren’t identifying exclusively with your ego. Be the observer, noticing and enjoying it all without needing to win a trophy. Be at peace, and match up with the energy of intention. And ironically, although you’ll hardly notice it, more of those victories will show up in your life as you pursue them less.
3. LET GO OF YOUR NEED TO BE RIGHT
Ego is the source of a lot of conflict and dissension because it pushes you in the direction of making other people wrong. When you’re hostile, you’ve disconnected from the power of intention. The creative Spirit is kind, loving, and receptive; and free of anger, resentment, or bitterness. Letting go of your need to be right in your discussions and relationships is like saying to ego, I’m not a slave to you. I want to embrace kindness, and I reject your need to be right. In fact, I’m going to offer this person a chance to feel better by saying that she’s right, and thank her for pointing me in the direction of truth.
When you let go of the need to be right, you’re able to strengthen your connection to the power of intention. But keep in mind that ego is a determined combatant. I’ve seen people end otherwise beautiful relationships by sticking to their need to be right. I urge you to let go of this ego-driven need to be right by stopping yourself in the middle of an argument and asking yourself, Do I want to be right or be happy? When you choose the happy, loving, spiritual mood, your connection to intention is strengthened. These moments ultimately expand your new connection to the power of intention. The universal Source will begin to collaborate with you in creating the life you were intended to live.
4. LET GO OF YOUR NEED TO BE SUPERIOR
True nobility isn’t about being better than someone else. It’s about being better than you used to be. Stay focused on your growth, with a constant awareness that no one on this planet is any better than anyone else. We all emanate from the same creative life force. We all have a mission to realize our intended essence; all that we need to fulfill our destiny is available to us. None of this is possible when you see yourself as superior to others. It’s an old saw, but nonetheless true: we are all equal in the eyes of God. Let go of your need to feel superior by seeing the unfolding of God in everyone. Don’t assess others on the basis of their appearance, achievements, possessions, and other indices of ego. When you project feelings of superiority that’s what you get back, leading to resentments and ultimately hostile feelings. These feelings become the vehicle that takes you farther away from intention. A Course in Miracles addresses this need to be special and superior: Special ness always makes comparisons. It is established by a lack seen in another, and maintained by searching for, and keeping clear in sight, all lacks it can perceive.
5. LET GO OF YOUR NEED TO HAVE MORE
The mantra of ego is more. It’s never satisfied. No matter how much you achieve or acquire, your ego will insist that it isn’t enough. You’ll find yourself in a perpetual state of striving, and eliminate the possibility of ever arriving. Yet in reality you’ve already arrived, and how you choose to use this present moment of your life is your choice. Ironically, when you stop needing more, more of what you desire seems to arrive in your life. Since you’re detached from the need for it, you find it easier to pass it along to others, because you realize how little you need in order to be satisfied and at peace.
The universal Source is content with itself, constantly expanding and creating new life, never trying to hold on to its creations for its own selfish means. It creates and lets go. As you let go of ego’s need to have more, you unify with that Source. You create, attract to yourself, and let it go, never demanding that more come your way. As an appreciator of all that shows up, you learn the powerful lesson St.Francis of Assisi taught:”…it is in giving that we receive.” By allowing abundance to flow to and through you, you match up with your Source and guarantee that this energy will continue to flow.
6. LET GO OF IDENTIFYING YOURSELF ON THE BASIS OF YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS
This may be a difficult concept if you think you are your achievements. God writes all the music, God sings all the songs, God builds all the buildings, God is the source of all your achievements. I can hear your ego loudly protesting. Nevertheless, stay tuned to this idea. All emanates from Source! You and that Source are one! You’re not this body and its accomplishments. You are the observer. Notice it all; and be grateful for the abilities you’ve accumulated. But give all the credit to the power of intention, which brought you into existence and which you’re a materialized part of. The less you need to take credit for your achievements and the more connected you stay to the seven faces of intention, the more you’re free to achieve, and the more will show up for you. It’s when you attach yourself to those achievements and believe that you alone are doing all of those things that you leave the peace and the gratitude of your Source.
7. LET GO OF YOUR REPUTATION
Your reputation is not located in you. It resides in the minds of others. Therefore, you have no control over it at all. If you speak to 30 people, you will have 30 reputations. Connecting to intention means listening to your heart and conducting yourself based on what your inner voice tells you is your purpose here. If you’re overly concerned with how you’re going to be perceived by everyone, then you’ve disconnected yourself from intention and allowed the opinions of others to guide you. This is your ego at work. It’s an illusion that stands between you and the power of intention. There’s nothing you can’t do, unless you disconnect from the power source and become convinced that your purpose is to prove to others how masterful and superior you are and spend your energy attempting to win a giant reputation among other egos. Do what you do because your inner voice always connected to and grateful to your Source-so directs you. Stay on purpose, detach from outcome, and take responsibility for what does reside in you: your character. Leave your reputation for others to debate; it has nothing to do with you. Or as a book title says: What You Think of Me Is None of My Business!
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Friday, April 26, 2013
Good sunny morning to you!
I've posted this due to the heart-warming element of lions' behaviour towards humans in this piece, as well as a reminder of appreciation...for our own lives.
The piece illustrates the natural compassion that lions and all animals hold within them, even in the face of continuous persecution and being murdered by humanity for greed and profit. And they demonstrate a serious lesson to humanity.
If the situation were reversed and it was humans beings permanently hunted and murdered by lions (or any other animal, for that matter), I believe the bulk of humanity would have long forgotten compassion and would rather be permanently in attack or defence mode with any animals coming near them! Yet despite the torture animals have experienced at the hands of man and in a country where they are regularly hunted, we witness this type of demonstrated wisdom.
Besides the fact lions are my personal special animal, this is truly inspiring.
Secondly, and of equal importance, this story serves to remind us of the deep gratitude we should be holding for our own lives. Those who read here that chose to be born into a relatively 'freer' society, that is. At least in this external regard. Ones where we have the luxury of choice to pursue the fulfillment of a personal love, consisting of mutual and equal feelings between two. Rather than be born and raised in a society where almost 3/4 of marriages exist as a result of kidnapping/abduction.
My love to you
Quote:ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia — A 12-year-old girl who was abducted and beaten by men trying to force her into a marriage was found being guarded by three lions who apparently had chased off her captors, a policeman said Tuesday.
The girl, missing for a week, had been taken by seven men who wanted to force her to marry one of them, said Sgt. Wondimu Wedajo, speaking by telephone from the provincial capital of Bita Genet, about 350 miles southwest of Addis Ababa.
She was beaten repeatedly before she was found June 9 by police and relatives on the outskirts of Bita Genet, Wondimu said. She had been guarded by the lions for about half a day, he said.
“They stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest,” Wondimu said.
“If the lions had not come to her rescue, then it could have been much worse. Often these young girls are raped and severely beaten to force them to accept the marriage,” he said.
'Some kind of miracle'
Tilahun Kassa, a local government official who corroborated Wondimu’s version of the events, said one of the men had wanted to marry the girl against her wishes.
“Everyone thinks this is some kind of miracle, because normally the lions would attack people,” Wondimu said.
Stuart Williams, a wildlife expert with the rural development ministry, said the girl may have survived because she was crying from the trauma of her attack.
“A young girl whimpering could be mistaken for the mewing sound from a lion cub, which in turn could explain why they didn’t eat her,” Williams said.
Ethiopia’s lions, famous for their large black manes, are the country’s national symbol and adorn statues and the local currency. Despite a recent crackdown, hunters kill the animals for their skins, which can fetch $1,000. Williams estimates that only 1,000 Ethiopian lions remain in the wild.
The girl, the youngest of four siblings, was “shocked and terrified” after her abduction and had to be treated for the cuts from her beatings, Wondimu said.
He said police had caught four of the abductors and three were still at large.
Kidnapping young girls has long been part of the marriage custom in Ethiopia. The United Nations estimates that more than 70 percent of marriages in Ethiopia are by abduction, practiced in rural areas where most of the country’s 71 million people live.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
After reading this Monjo piece, please go to abundanthope.net and read Monjo's other piece thru Benjamin, taken by him just after mine.
I read that after I posted mine on the private forum there and then asked Monjo what he was trying to achieve through them. This is what I heard:
"These were separate messages for both the Light and the Dark. So that both groups know clearly where they stand/are shortly to stand."
Or words close enough to those.
18 April 18, 2013
Knowing Our True Selves
M: Here I AM Shellee Kim. Delighted you could make it. I was only half expecting you.
SK: I told you I’d try my best, :) depending on my recovery and general energy levels…
M: you did indeed. Well, shall we get on with it?
M: First, to all our beloved family, our ground crew: You have performed spectacularly in this mission so far, beloveds. And there is much we must thank you for. Shortly we will be showing you just how grateful and thankful we are in a myriad of ways.
Our most beloved friends-you are yet to shine like the brilliant, multi-faceted Lights you truly are. And this time your Light will not remain purposefully dimmed at a low level, lighting up but the darkness in a small room.
Your Light is to shine individually and collectively so bright that all who come into contact with you and it are to feel its power source. There will be no more hiding; no more fears of reprisals and certainly no more subterfuge committed against you in bids to block your most precious Light.
All the glory that you are, that you ever have been, will now be displayed for all to see. Your roles await you. And, for some, your partners await you. Together you will march forth, an indomitable army of Light warriors, clearing the path and leading the way for all those who will follow in your footsteps.
Your paths, thus far, have been long and winding, narrow and treacherous, and for some, have taken completely unexpected turns. Both for the better and the worse. As things unfold, this will signal the end of your guessing games and the end of your uncertainty as to who you are.
[Cont. 20 April]
…Yes, the secret of the ages is now upon you. Where you finally are privy to the secret of yourself, of who you really are and why you chose this earth mission at this fortuitous time on earth. Fortuitous for you ones who wish to advance your eternal journey in an accelerated fashion.
The school of Earth is indeed THE place to be for a fast(er) track to evolution at this time. And you will discover all you have endured in this and over your many lifetimes have prepared you for this point of complete surrender to the fullness of your true being.
Only the ‘best of the best’ were selected for this particular Earth mission. And, although it is with some regret that numerous of these fell by the wayside, those who didn’t and haven't are to know the full splendor of that which they have earned.
Gird your loins now, beloveds. Take your positions – for what is to be the grand finale that marks the end of this cycle.
Your tomorrows are to be filled to capacity and these are literally the last moments of your preparation, your maintaining a low profile and the enjoyment of relative peace and quiet before the action begins in earnest. And we have great faith that you ones will sparkle all the way, once you have come into your own.
It is with great pleasure we therefore announce: let the Games begin.
May I take this opportunity to thank this one of availing herself as and when, and the efforts she is making in this (message taking) regard.
We are looking forward to many others of you (SK: globalwide) stepping forward and committing also to such tasks in the immediate future.
We are truly to begin working together at all levels in great and wondrous co-llaboration.
I AM Monjoronson, signing out.
Monday, April 22, 2013
1. Fast-Food Spirituality: Mix spirituality with a culture that celebrates speed, multitasking and instant gratification and the result is likely to be fast-food spirituality. Fast-food spirituality is a product of the common and understandable fantasy that relief from the suffering of our human condition can be quick and easy. One thing is clear, however: spiritual transformation cannot be had in a quick fix.
2. Faux Spirituality: Faux spirituality is the tendency to talk, dress and act as we imagine a spiritual person would. It is a kind of imitation spirituality that mimics spiritual realization in the way that leopard-skin fabric imitates the genuine skin of a leopard.
3. Confused Motivations: Although our desire to grow is genuine and pure, it often gets mixed with lesser motivations, including the wish to be loved, the desire to belong, the need to fill our internal emptiness, the belief that the spiritual path will remove our suffering and spiritual ambition, the wish to be special, to be better than, to be "the one."
4. Identifying with Spiritual Experiences: In this disease, the ego identifies with our spiritual experience and takes it as its own, and we begin to believe that we are embodying insights that have arisen within us at certain times. In most cases, it does not last indefinitely, although it tends to endure for longer periods of time in those who believe themselves to be enlightened and/or who function as spiritual teachers.
5. The Spiritualized Ego: This disease occurs when the very structure of the egoic personality becomes deeply embedded with spiritual concepts and ideas. The result is an egoic structure that is "bullet-proof." When the ego becomes spiritualized, we are invulnerable to help, new input, or constructive feedback. We become impenetrable human beings and are stunted in our spiritual growth, all in the name of spirituality.
6. Mass Production of Spiritual Teachers: There are a number of current trendy spiritual traditions that produce people who believe themselves to be at a level of spiritual enlightenment, or mastery, that is far beyond their actual level. This disease functions like a spiritual conveyor belt: put on this glow, get that insight, and -- bam! -- you're enlightened and ready to enlighten others in similar fashion. The problem is not that such teachers instruct but that they represent themselves as having achieved spiritual mastery.
7. Spiritual Pride: Spiritual pride arises when the practitioner, through years of labored effort, has actually attained a certain level of wisdom and uses that attainment to justify shutting down to further experience. A feeling of "spiritual superiority" is another symptom of this spiritually transmitted disease. It manifests as a subtle feeling that "I am better, more wise and above others because I am spiritual."
8. Group Mind: Also described as groupthink, cultic mentality or ashram disease, group mind is an insidious virus that contains many elements of traditional co-dependence. A spiritual group makes subtle and unconscious agreements regarding the correct ways to think, talk, dress, and act. Individuals and groups infected with "group mind" reject individuals, attitudes, and circumstances that do not conform to the often unwritten rules of the group.
9. The Chosen-People Complex: The chosen people complex is not limited to Jews. It is the belief that "Our group is more spiritually evolved, powerful, enlightened and, simply put, better than any other group." There is an important distinction between the recognition that one has found the right path, teacher or community for themselves, and having found The One.
10. The Deadly Virus: "I Have Arrived": This disease is so potent that it has the capacity to be terminal and deadly to our spiritual evolution. This is the belief that "I have arrived" at the final goal of the spiritual path. Our spiritual progress ends at the point where this belief becomes crystallized in our psyche, for the moment we begin to believe that we have reached the end of the path, further growth ceases.